Jun 19, 2012

My Style Philosophy #1


I have many philosophies on style.  The one philosophy I repeat most often is …

"Look like you got dressed on purpose"  

The key phrase here being ON PURPOSE!

What do I mean?   I mean that you don’t have to be in the latest fashion or trend; I just want you look like you made an effort.  




I want to know that some form of though went into your outfit before you walked out the door.  

It doesn’t matter what style you choose to wear, or what your personal style is, I just want to look at you and know that you are loving your outfit and feel mighty fine wearing it.

You see, putting in a small amount of effort when dressing, really can change the way you feel about yourself all day long.

I will never forget the image of a particular guest at a friend’s wedding.   She had obviously paid good money for her dress and shoes, and they looked great on her .. until you got to the neck.  
She was wearing not one skerrick of makeup and her hair in a ponytail.  Not a fashionable ponytail, the type you throw your hair into when you’re going to the gym.  All the time and thought that went into her outfit was lost because she didn’t look like she got dressed on purpose. 

To look like you got dressed on purpose covers these key areas:
  • Clothes
  • Shoes
  • Hair
  • Makeup
  • Accessories


If one of these areas is lacking, it will affect the whole package.  


I cannot stress enough that this philosophy has nothing to do with trends or fashion.  It matters not what personal style you choose, just rock it from head to toe!  

Are you dressed 'on purpose' today?




Previous blogs on the subject that you may enjoy
Head to Toe
Finding Your Own Style







Follow me on Twitter
Like me on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Love this post Megan - will share on my Facebook page x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this philosophy...totally encapsulates what I believe in and how much you value your own self worth by spending (at least) a little bit of time thinking about yourself! Tatum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It's so true. Today I'm 'not on purpose!' for sure, until I go out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike....I did a post back in March about being deliberate in the way you dressed - ultimately that is the only thing that matters....have a look & let me know what you think! Val

    http://www.styleintoaction.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/being-deliberate-is-being-well-dressed.html

    ReplyDelete