Aug 27, 2012

Extreme Prints

A friend of mine recently gave her 5 year old some paper, a stamp pad and a handful of stamps.  After realising the child was quieter than usual, she went to investigate and found her in the bathroom with stamps all over her face, clothes, shoes, the toilet, basin, bath and up the walls as high as she could reach.  Her white bathroom was now wall to wall print.

I like to think that this child was not being a little monster, but merely celebrating the head to toe print trend in the only way she knew how.  (Of course I didn't have anything to do with the discipline or clean up, I naturally thought this was hilarious).




Wearing prints head to toe is not for the feint hearted or for those who wish to go about their business unnoticed.  This trend is BOLD, bright and fun.



Stores are already bursting with colourful print pieces.  Here's a few suggestions ...






Choosing different prints in the same colour palette is probably my favourite use of head to toe prints.  Use a bag or shoes to add a pop of contrasting colour.





Matching prints are available in every price range, from budget stores, to shopping centre staples and high end designers.  

How to you feel about wearing prints head to toe?  
Do you like it?  Will you try it?  Let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Love the prints but I think I will try small doses to start with. I like a splash of colour - so maybe top half bright and bold OR a bright and bold accessory

    ReplyDelete