Aug 24, 2012

3RRR Radiothon

OK, so today's post may not be about which shoes are in fashion or how to wear this season's trends, it's about a subject very close to my heart and indeed may even be more important to me than fashion (gasp) ... it's music.

I owe 3RRR an awful lot of credit for much of my music collection.  Bands and artists I would never have been exposed to if it weren't for this fully independent, non-profit community radio station that relies on passionate people like myself to keep in on the air.

Triple R are in the midst of their annual Radiothon.  A time where they ask listeners to subscribe and support this Melbourne institution.





The reason I love this station so much is 100% due to the amazing presenters.  They volunteer their time and play music because they love it and want to share it with you.  There are no playlists and no record company big wigs controlling the music you hear.  This is a station where you will find a vast number of intelligent women who are not just there for the giggle factor.  A place where everyone on air is there to share their passion, not to fill space between ads.  Love you guys!  A unique media outlet that is truly independent.  Remember independence?

I would like to take this opportunity to recognise and thank three presenters in particular.

Firstly, Stephen Walker (aka The Ghost).  For nigh on 20 years this man has almost single handedly shaped my music collection.  Fiona Bamford-Bracher and Karen Leng - two amazing women whose knowledge and passion for music I both admire and envy.  All three have such diverse taste and I thank them sincerely for introducing me to some amazing music.



Now to bring it back to fashion, I truly believe that fashion and music go hand in hand.  I mean who didn't make their Mum sew roller strollers so you could play Bay City Rollers in the backyard with your friends? If you were born before 1975 you know I'm right.  Right?

In fact, when I'm getting to know one of my styling clients and helping them to define their natural style, I always ask about their musical taste.  Knowing what music someone likes really helps me to understand them and help them shape their style.



I put my money where my ears are and subscribe every year to the station I adore so much.  All I am doing today is urging you to listen.  Just listen and you'll see why so many Melburnians hold this station so dear to their hearts.   






No comments:

Post a Comment