Dec 13, 2012

Queen Khan

Well hello there old friends.
It's been a while since we've chatted.
I'm not going to give you the old 'I've been soooo busy' excuse because it sounds so lame and self important, so let's just skip past the fact that I've been a little distracted of late and focus on some new and emerging fashion.

Meet Dominique Khan.
The creative and talented designer of her own label Queen Khan.

Her debut unisex collection entitled The Jungle Book encompasses a range of textures and designs as colourful and vibrant as the characters from this beloved book ... and Dominique herself!








Not only is Dominique a clever little dickens with her designs, but she designs most of the fabrics as well.
I believe fashion should make you feel great and be FUN which is why I have my eye on a pair of banana or gorilla print pants from this collection.











Of her designs, Dominique says ...

"My favourite quote is 'it's always the weirdly dressed people, who are the most interesting.' I want my clothes to scream out colour, print, and texture, that words can't describe. I would love my customers to wear my garments with pride, with a burst of personality and a twist of flare! I intend to create garments that provoke a time, but is not anchored into a trend,"



For more images of the Queen Khan Jungle Book launch, head to my Facebook page here.





I first came across Dominique Khan while shooting last years Whitehouse Institute of Design graduation runway and instantly fell in love with her whimsical take on the old classic Nanna rug. 


I was so pleased to cross paths with her again and experience the launch of your fabulous debut collection.  Talented is one thing, but Dominique is so utterly delightful that I wish her every success for what I know will be a great fashion career.  Want to see more?  Click here to head to the Queen Khan Facebook Page.





1 comment:

  1. Great photographs, Meagan!

    Particularly love that headshot of Dom - truly delightful! x

    ReplyDelete