Feb 27, 2013

Splice of Life

I find it hard to say the word splice without the preceding word lime.
I guess it shows that ice-cream varieties are more common terms in my vernacular than fashion terms.  But since the word splice conjures up a fresh and tasty treat, I am looking forward to wearing some fresh and tasty fashion this autumn.

Splicing is graphic in nature as it takes two monochromatic colours  and carefully pieces them together in the one garment.
The most interesting splicing uses juxtaposing textures to achieve a new level of visual experience for both the wearer and the onlooker.

Will you splice and dice your way through autumn?  Here are a few items to get you inspired.











Since I love black and white, you can expect to see me wearing little else all winter.
I'll be spicing up my head to toe black and white look with hot pink lips and colourful shoes.





If black & white are not your thing, then splice it up with toasty warm khaki for autumn.


How do you feel about this trend?  Will you wear it?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment