Aug 19, 2012

Printed Jeans

I'm having a bit of a love affair with printed jeans.  I haven't bought any yet, probably because there are SO many to choose from.

Pretty much every print and pattern you could dream of is available. Tye-dyed, animal print, spots, florals, splashed, metallics, flocked, dip dyed, starred or striped.  How will I ever decide?

I like this painted pair by Blank Denim.  They remind me of the time I came home from art class with my jeans looking like this.  I don't remember my Mother thinking they were very fashionable at the time.  But I do remember getting into trouble.

Naturally my research is your research, so I've compiled a selection of great printed denim to view.











Many of the international brands shown can be purchased from sites such as Net-a-Porter, ShopBop, ASOS and Saks Fifth Avenue.   (See my tips on how to find jeans that fit here)

If purchasing on-line from OS is not for you, here are some options available locally.



How do you wear printed jeans?
You have a couple of options.  Either keep the jeans the hero / statement and pair with simple pieces, or mix it up with other prints / colours and have FUN!





I am particularly enamoured with these striped Hudson jeans.

That is until the Husband wanted some too because they look just like Han Solo's pants!




Well at least I'll be fancy dress ready should a party arise.





Now for my community service announcement.  
Before you rush out and buy a pair of printed jeans, look long and hard at these images.  These will serve as a reminder to throw fashion jeans away once the trend has passed.  After all, these people thought they were cool too.


You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I am completely obsessed with printed jeans as well! Especially ones with florals!!

    x Aliya
    http://www.hillsidestory.net/2012/08/fancy-pants.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you're saying that stonewash denim is off-limits?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! Wear whatever you like, just remember these things have an expiry date!

      Delete